The Society is a not-for-profit, member-driven organization that is committed to fostering the highest standards in the marketing and public relations professions within the senior housing and services profession.
The Society was created in 1992 through the efforts of a task force comprised of marketing professionals from the Pennsylvania Association of Non-Profit Homes for the Aging (PANPHA). They saw the need to provide additional opportunities for education and professional networking in the marketing and public relations professions. Since that time, the Society has expanded to serve nearly 200 members including members from Pennsylvania and surrounding states who are senior housing and service professionals. While many members are also PANPHA members, the Society is an independent organization and not an affiliate of PANPHA. It is governed by a Board of Directors, elected from and by the membership.
- MPRS Scholarship Application for Leading Age PA
- Eye on Parkinson's: Scan may detect earliest signs of disease
- CMS strengthens decentralization push, gives states more Medicaid authority
- Private funds for long-term care shrivel as more seniors file for bankruptcy
- Cuts to home care could mean influx of disabled residents to nursing homes
- This stinks: New study discovers 'phantom odor' phenomenon in older adults
- Senator demands changes on nursing home staffing
- Congressman vows to help struggling nursing homes with legislation to ease paperwork, improve reimbursement
- MedEquities Realty Trust reportedly exploring sale